|I presented this card to Alice, Andy's mom, for whom I feel much love and gratitude.|
* I used two Spellbinders dies here: Curved Squares to cut out the woman and her kitty, and Decorative Curved Square for the leafy green frame, tiny leaves, and the blingy orange curls in her hair. I am very pleased with this die set and I know I'll get plenty of use out of it. Before I cut out the curlies and leaves, I had no idea that they were all separate pieces. I love the idea of tiny leaves to use ... no matter what the season.
* The sentiment on the large leaf is from Power Poppy's Olive and Oak Expanded clear stamp set. For the short time since Power Poppy has crossed my radar, it seems I own a ridiculous number of clear stamp sets and digis, too. What can I say? Marcella's illustrations and uber-positive sentiments seem to be a good fit for me. Also, she's built a wonderful community of talented designers who are incredibly generous with tips and tutorials. Along with that, Marcella blogs about what inspires her, and as a fellow artist, I enjoy reading her "process" from inspiration to realization. Often she'll share photos of flowers, family, or general, life-affirming images she gleans from her walks or outings. I'm not sure how long it will last, but right now her stamps are all on 'Post-Thanksgiving' sale: a good chance to
* The large leaf I diecut with Tattered Leaves, a Tim Holtz Alterations die for Sizzix. I used one of my old, discarded watercolors for the paper: Treasure from trash! (Always a win.) Tattered Leaves is another die that I will continue to use and love.
* Embossing folder by Darice, Fall Leaves.
* All papers are by Bazill Basics, except for the metallic solid orange: It's Flame, by Stardream Metallics, from a sampler pack by Paper-Papers. This stuff is truly dreamy. If you want something truly flaming, order a sampler pack of Curious Metallics. Wheeee!
* Thin cord from my stash, inspired by Craft-Dee BowZ and their cool line of Bow Toys! ;)
I'd like to enter my card in a few challenges:
Power Poppy: Embellish This.
The Outlawz: Friday Coloring Challenge
DiesRUs: #37, Thankful (Update: oh my gosh, I WON the random draw for a $10-off coupon!)
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog
Cheers in This Cheery Season, and tell me what artiness you've been up to? Art as in writing, blogging, drawing, cooking, dressing, making dressing ... well, you know the drill. Share share share!