stuff and things

26 November 2015

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

I couldn't be more thankful for Alice, Andy's wonderful Mom. She is the most thoughtful, helpful, kind and beautiful person I have ever met ... along with Andy, and my own Mom. I am truly surrounded by an exceptional crew! For Alice's Thanksgiving card, I used Fall colors, along with dry embossing, glitter, metallic orange paper, watercolored paper, a ribbon, die cuts, and plenty of tiny metallic-paper die-cut accents.
I presented this card to Alice, Andy's mom, for whom I feel much love and gratitude.



I printed out Purple Woods, a digital image by Ching Chou Kuik, onto ultra-smooth paper suitable for coloring with Copic markers. Don't you love the little wings on the kitten? I would link to Sweet Pea Stamps so you could find the digi, but sadly, Lynette closed her store yesterday.
* I used two Spellbinders dies here: Curved Squares to cut out the woman and her kitty, and Decorative Curved Square for the leafy green frame, tiny leaves, and the blingy orange curls in her hair. I am very pleased with this die set and I know I'll get plenty of use out of it. Before I cut out the curlies and leaves, I had no idea that they were all separate pieces. I love the idea of tiny leaves to use ... no matter what the season.
* The sentiment on the large leaf is from Power Poppy's Olive and Oak Expanded clear stamp set. For the short time since Power Poppy has crossed my radar, it seems I own a ridiculous number of clear stamp sets and digis, too. What can I say? Marcella's illustrations and uber-positive sentiments seem to be a good fit for me. Also, she's built a wonderful community of talented designers who are incredibly generous with tips and tutorials. Along with that, Marcella blogs about what inspires her, and as a fellow artist, I enjoy reading her "process" from inspiration to realization. Often she'll share photos of flowers, family, or general, life-affirming images she gleans from her walks or outings. I'm not sure how long it will last, but right now her stamps are all on 'Post-Thanksgiving' sale: a good chance to get into trouble stock up!
* The large leaf I diecut with Tattered Leaves, a Tim Holtz Alterations die for Sizzix. I used one of my old, discarded watercolors for the paper: Treasure from trash! (Always a win.) Tattered Leaves is another die that I will continue to use and love.
* Embossing folder by Darice, Fall Leaves.
* All papers are by Bazill Basics, except for the metallic solid orange: It's Flame, by Stardream Metallics, from a sampler pack by Paper-Papers. This stuff is truly dreamy. If you want something truly flaming, order a sampler pack of Curious Metallics. Wheeee!
* Thin cord from my stash, inspired by Craft-Dee BowZ and their cool line of Bow Toys! ;)

I'd like to enter my card in a few challenges:
Power Poppy: Embellish This.
The Outlawz: Friday Coloring Challenge 
DiesRUs: #37, Thankful  (Update: oh my gosh, I WON the random draw for a $10-off coupon!)
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog
Craft-Dee BowZ

Cheers in This Cheery Season, and tell me what artiness you've been up to? Art as in writing, blogging, drawing, cooking, dressing, making dressing ... well, you know the drill. Share share share!
Love, Tina

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation with your rich Fall colors and design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘THANKFUL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous card, awesome colours and colouring and wonderful embellishing!! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

Darcy Schroeder said...

Beautiful work, Tina!! I love your image and your coloring is so awesome!!
I'm following your blog now. I saw it over at the Outlawz Challenges!
Hugs
Darcy

ChristineCreations said...

A lovely design full of great texture and colour for autumn! Such a nice tribute to the recipient too! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous use of the die cuts for this beautifully colored image! Thanks so much for sharing it in our Thankful Challenge at Dies R Us!

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Thanks for playing along at Winter WOnderland. Unfortunately your card cannot be entered into the draw for a prize as it is not a Christmas Card. Hugs Andrea

Sammy said...

Oh this is ever so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have some coloring skills! Beautiful card : ) I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz