stuff and things

20 July 2015

Up, Up and Awayyy! (In my beautiful, my beautiful balloon!)

My "bee" or small group of quilters wanted to make our member Gloria a special gift for her recovery from knee surgery. Knowing I love paper arts lately, they agreed that I could design a special card for her.
Big Hugs for Gloria on Her Speedy Recovery
Selecting a theme from my many stamps and dies is a ridiculously time-consuming process, normally: What stamps, papers, dies, colouring medium, and embellishments will be just perfect for the recipient? (Yes, as much as I have fought it, I still fight the "just perfect" character flaw.)
Our friend Gloria is so upbeat and fun, however, that this card came together in a snap! I knew it had to be the fun image of a hot air balloon sailing up, up and away!

Materials:
Stamps: Darcie's heart and home, Sky's the Limit; Lawn Fawn's Love
Colouring: Copics
Dies: Memory Box Mini Heart Collection; Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hugs (inside)
Face: Darcie Heater Under the Sea tin pin embellishments
Papers: Stripes, Bazzill Basics; Grandma's Feather Bed; Rust, Close to My Heart; Chevron, Lawn Fawn; Dots, Recollections
Embossing folder (the rust paper): Chevron, by Darice Embossing Essentials

I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:

Take It Make It July Challenge: Inspiration! 

Power Poppy: Hang Some Paper

Craft for the Craic: challenge Summer Time 





4 comments:

Ellie Knol said...

Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Katie Sims said...

This is just as sweet as can be and I am sure brought a smile to Gloria's face! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog a while back and your kind words. :) Hope to see more of your darling creations, Tina! :)

Tina Rathbone said...

Thanks for sending the Love,
Katie and Ellie!

Suchi said...

Hi there, Tina! You have a lovely blog and creations! So glad to be here.. Thanks so much for following me, I followed back.. :)
Suchi xx