stuff and things

28 May 2015

A Mother-in-Love's Card for Alice

I was so happy to find these themed stamps and dies from Verve Stamps: Perfect for Mother's Day. Believe me, Alice is the mother who never fails to button all the buttons! I am the luckiest Daughter-in-Love on Earth.

Gotta love this sentiment: "Mothers Are Like Buttons: They Hold Everything Together"

Using a coordinating die to cut out a stamped image was a new technique for me. Purchasing a stamp set is a fairly reasonable investment -- especially if you love it and get lots of cards or layouts or altered art or whatever you do ...  out of it. Buying the coordinating die set is purely a luxury item: There's no more tedious "fussy cutting" with scissors around the stamped image, but the steel dies are pricey. If I use my imagination, however, I can see this die as a wonky blue ribbon award medallion -- and lots of different flowers. I can't wait to explore this set some more!

Tip: Next time, I'll die-cut the cardstock and then stamp it! (The base we use with clear stamps is a clear acrylic block, so you can see right through to your stamping surface. Some are ruled. A joy.) ... I digress. Anyways, you know how Mothers are: They love everything we do!

To make this card, I used:
Paper: Xerox 110lb. Cardstock, and Core'dinations Distress: Tumbled Glass.
Embossing folder: Cricut Swiss Dots, the blue paper sanded lightly to reveal the embossed dots
Stamps, Flower Die Cuts and Sentiment: Verve Stamps' Button Best
Leaves Die Cut: Verve Stamps' Sprightly Sprigs
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sequins: Verve Stamps' Pastel Sequin Mix
Inks: Hampton Art "A La Mode" Red; Tim Holtz Distress pad, "Tumbled Glass".

I'll enter this card into the following challenges:
A Creative Need: Favourite Moments with Mom (or a Mother figure in your life)
Stamp and Create: May Flowers
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!
Hiding in my Craftroom Any holiday
Stampotique Designer's Challenge: Something Old ...

7 comments:

sue k said...

Beautiful card, wonderful sentiment and colors. I think that you did a wonderful job cutting the flowers if you need tips on stamping and die cutting check out Heartfelt Creations, they have several tutorials to help. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Such a sweet image and wonderful design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Tina Rathbone said...

Thank you so much, Sue. I will check out those tutorials tout de suite!
Hugs,
Tina

Sue said...

This is a fab card Tina, I love your colour choices. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Stampotique, and have a great weekend. Sue xx

Mynn Kitchen said...

What a sweet card! I LOVE the clean feel and beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

lisa808 said...

Beautifully designed card and layers. Thanks for joinng us at IBS.

*Arwen* said...

Such a pretty card :)
Thanks for playing along with Stampotique!

xx Arwen

p.s. you're not a sister of Jackson Rathbone ? :D