stuff and things

01 September 2010

Tropical Sundance: Finished and ready to quilt

By now, gentle Reader, you're probably wondering if the title of this blog shouldn't be changed from "Artelicious" to "Tropical Sundance." Here's one last view of my latest quilt, now that it's all sewn together and awaiting a session with a longarm quilting machine. (There's no way I'm gonna try and drag this sucker under my home sewing machine: Bernina or no Bernina.)
Tropical Sundance: Finished and ready to quilt, 2010, 52"x 64"
As long as we're on this Tropical Sundance thread, I can tell you a story about it. Years ago, I bought the pattern at the urging of several friends, who all decided to make it and swap fabrics for it, too. For some long-forgotten reason, I didn't get in on the swap, and left my quilt in my UFO (Unfinished Fiber Object) box until just this June.
Anyways, let's see what the other quilts look like!
Here's Sue's:
Sue's Tropical Sundance quilt, 2005
Here's Sandi's:
Sandi's take on Tropical Sundance, Kollaboration, 2005
Here's Kerry's version; she enlarged hers to become square:
Kerry's version, called Jungle Dance, 2004
And here's Darlene's quilt:
Darlene's rendition of Tropical Sundance, 2005
I love them all! I'll miss working with these bright colors, but I'm happy to be moving on to the next UFO.

6 comments:

Joe's blog said...

wow...wonderful... :-)))

kwiltnkats said...

Looks great Tina.

Sloane's Creations said...

I absolutlely love the colors! Gorgeous! I always feel so good to finish an old project! There is such a feeling of accomplishment. I recently finished 2 canvases taht have been sitting around here for years. It felt great! But actualy it worked to my advantage b/c I was preparing for a show and didn't have time to start anything from scratch!

Bobbi Lewin said...

Beautiful quilt! I can just imagine that wonderful cool and nubby feel of the quilted cotton:)

nanke's stuff said...

They are all so beautiful! I don't know if you'll be doing the long-arm quilting or not, but I certainly understand the need to do it that way! nancy

Ellen Anne Eddy said...

What a lovely set of color studies you did together. These are gorgeous!
Ellen Anne Eddy