stuff and things

03 September 2010

My All-Time Favorite Quilting Tool

These two...
Chevy, bottom, and Lotus Blue, top.
...are the reason why this ...
My lint roller, most-beloved quilting tool.
...is my sexiest, all-time favorite, most-revered quilting tool. Any questions?

Oh, it also comes in handy for removing cat fur from clothing: Lotus, the white kitty, favors a nap under my long black skirts. Chevy likes my white shirt shelf. It's a conspiracy.

It's funny, but Lotus, the original Captain Courageous, jumps off the work table when the lint roller gets rollin'. Steam irons, vacuum cleaners, precipitious heights, scary crows, annoying trash trucks on Monday mornings -- nothing fazes her more than the lint roller. Maybe she's protesting that she's taken care to adorn my fabrics with her precious DNA and I'm undoing all her hard work?

Don't tell any of them, but the members of my Wednesday group, The Brownie Troop, are getting a lint-roller five-pack for gifts. Usually, when a member travels, she brings back fat quarters for all. I never go anywhere (I'm not complaining: I love my home); but when I do travel, I end up in countries with lousy fabrics (i.e., Costa Rica; Mexico, etc). Instead of fat quarters (a quarter-yard of fabric, but cut on the width instead of the length, 22" by 18") I try to give little gifts now and again, or make a nice lunch here and there, when it's my turn to host. Now if only we could become the Pizza Troop! :)

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

This is the funniest story about the lint roller. It is crazy that they can deal with what seems like more chaos and the simplest of things can be so scarey!